This is a great side salad, but also perfect for a light summer dinner.
By Taylor Kadlec
I added grilled chicken on the top of mine for dinner, but the salad didn’t need it. It was almost like protein overload, and with the quinoa, cheese, and fruit it was plenty filling and satisfying. It would be a great side salad, but also perfect for a light summer dinner.
- 5 ounce bag spring greens mix
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (about ½ cup of dry quinoa, cooked)
- goat chese, for topping
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar (white wine vinegar would work too)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse to combine.
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl, then drizzle with about half of the dressing.
- Toss to combine, then add more according to how "dressed" you like your salad.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve.