Favorite sweet and salty flavors of trail mix make their way into soft cookie dough. We will never look at the outdoor snack the same!
Trail Mix Cookies
Recipe Type: Baking, Cookies
Serves: 20 small cookies
- ½ cup butter, soft
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped, or nut of your choosing
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup white or dark chocolate chunks or m&m's
- ¼ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream butter and both sugars on media speed until homogenous, lighter in color, and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix on media speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together or sift.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar-egg mixture.
- Fold in all ingredients from oats to coconut.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, depending on size of cookie.
Consider adding pretzels instead of pecans for a nut-free cookie.