Not only is this Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread full of flavor, but it’s also brimming with pops of color. It’s a feast for your eyes as well as your stomach!
Today we’re talkin’ about fresh summer flavors. Ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese. Can you guess where I’m going with this? One of my favorite dishes that forward to eating every summer are those filled with caprese flavors. The combination of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella makes my heart skip a beat every single time. Throw in a balsamic drizzle and I’ll happily munch on this food all day long.
Although caprese salads and sandwiches are available year round, they just seem to taste better when the produce is ripe from the summer sun. It makes for the perfect appetizer, side dish, or late night snack. And if your a caprese lover like me, then this bread was made for you!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 24 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar/glaze
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place bread on a large baking pan.
- Drizzle each half with 4 tablespoons olive oil, followed by 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- Top each half with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- Remove from oven and top each half with tomato slices, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over tops of bread.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.