Pour hot espresso, drizzle cocoa powder or shaved chocolate, either way tiramisu ice cream is an incredible treat, whether it brutal summer or cold winter.
By Kankana Saxena
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- ¼ cup espresso
- Pour milk and cream in a deep pan and turn on the heat. Slit vanilla in half, scrap the beans using a small spoon and drop it in the pan along with the vanilla pod. Heat it, stirring occasionally.
- In the mean time, whisk egg yolk and sugar to a creamy consistency. Add mascarpone cheese to it and whisk again.
- Pour ¼ cup of hot milk slowly to the egg yolk mixture while whisking simultaneously. Pour egg yolk mixture back to the hot milk pan and give a mix. Cook the mixture on a medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the custard looks thick and coats the back of your spoon.
- Pour the mixture in a container and put the container on an ice bath for about an hour or allow it to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Finally, add coffee powder and espresso to the custard mixture and freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacture’s instruction.