Packed with protein and veggies, this three bean salad is loaded with fresh Greek flavors like lemon, olives and feta, to make a perfect summer side dish.
A few years ago I posted this Fresh and Easy Three Bean Salad and it’s been pretty popular. I love that salad and it was hard to imagine making it better. Those fresh green beans and that maple vinaigrette….so good.
As much as I love that version, this Greek Three Bean Salad is better. It’s three-bean-salad-transported-to-the-Mediterranean better.
When I went to Greece years ago, my favorite salad was the farmer’s Greek salad. There was no lettuce anywhere in sight — just the freshest tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion tossed with creamy feta, kalamata olives, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
This salad is a combination of that farmer’s Greek salad with my three bean salad, only I swapped out the maple vinaigrette for a Greek vinaigrette with red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and fresh oregano from my garden.
Can you see why I’m head over heels?
I haven’t even mentioned how ridiculously easy this Greek Three Bean Salad is to make. The green beans are blanched for 3 minutes until crisp tender. They’re tossed in a large bowl with all the other ingredients and that lip smacking vinaigrette.
This Greek Three Bean Salad is perfect to enjoy as a side dish for BBQs, picnics, and makes the perfect light, healthy lunch. Eating healthy has never, ever tasted so good.
- Be sure to not to cook the green beans too long so that they retain their bright green color.
- The dressing and veggies may be prepped in advance, and you can also assemble it a few hours ahead of time.
- The salad keeps well in the fridge and is a great meal prep lunch or dinner.And now it’s Eat Seasonal time, where a group of bloggers join up to share recipes featuring seasonal produce! This month I used cucumbers and green beans from the list we were given. Thank you to our wonderful host Becky from The Vintage Mixer, and be sure to visit her Seasonal Produce Guide for even more recipe inspiration this month!
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-2? pieces
- (1) 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- (1) 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ english cucumber, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bell pepper, cored and chopped (I used half red and half yellow)
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Click the link above for the dressing recipe.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked to the desired level of doneness. Drain well.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, dijon, salt, and pepper until combined. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a slow stream. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add the desired amount of dressing and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
The salad may be assembled a few hours before serving.