Chill out with a savory scotch whiskey cocktails made with simple ingredeints and herbs from your summer garden.
Whiskey isn’t just for winter. Instead, we love making savory and sweet cocktails for perfectly sunny refreshers.
Johnnie Walker, the pioneer of blended Scotch whisky heritage and tradition, is the perfect spirit for this seasonal drink. LA-based mixologist Nick Meyer has developed this versatile recipe using Johnnie Walker Black Label, Double Black and the innovative Select Cask – Rye Finish.
- 1 ½ ounces Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Pinch Thai Basil (or regular basil)
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- ¾ ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ ounce Agave Nectar
- Pinch each of Smoked Paprika and Cayenne Pepper for Garnish
- Basil Leaf and Cherry Tomato Skewer Garnish
- Add all ingredients except the Johnnie Walker Black Label into a cocktail shaker and muddle gently
- Add in Johnnie Walker Black Label and ice, and shake vigorously
- Strain over fresh ice into an Old Fashioned glass
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper on top of the drink
- Garnish with a Thai Basil Sprig (Or normal basil sprig) and Cherry Tomato skewer