Thandai is a refreshing beverage made with milk that is infused with almond and other spices popular in northern India.
By Kankana Saxena
- ¼ cup whole almond
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- 2 tbs fennel seeds
- 1 tbs cardamom powder
- 20 peppercorns
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- few strands of saffron
- 1 tbs slivered pistachios for garnish
- 2 tbs rose water
- Using a coffee grinder or mixer, grind the ingredients of the powder mix to a fine dust.
- Boil the milk with sugar and few strands of saffron .
- Add the grind powder and mix it well.
- Let it refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to 6 hours.
- Strain the drink, add rose water and mix.
- Garnish it with some slivered pistachio, few saffron tread and serve it cold.