Don’t let turkey patties be boring ever again! These grilled sliders are made with tandoori spices and served with a sweet and salty mint raita.
My Tandoori Turkey patties (you can use chicken if you prefer) are perfect on the grill and are bursting with warm tandoori spices, mint, ginger and garlic. These take only minutes to make. I’ve used regular store bought tandoori spice mix here. The flavors taste amazing and my kids loved them! They can also be made ahead and frozen. The patties are placed on a hot grill and cooked to perfection until golden and delicious.
Indian spices add a wonderful depth of flavor to meats and poultry and this recipe is one such example where a few ingredients transform a mundane dish to something phenomenal. The tandoori spice blend consisting of aromatic spices such as coriander, cumin and cardamom is a great way to enjoy some Indian flavors effortlessly.
Stack the burgers with a sweet and salty mint raita with a hint of cumin. They make for delicious kids’ lunches and party appetizers with layers of lettuce,red onions and tomatoes on some mini hamburger buns.An easy and fun dish for the grilling season. Enjoy.
- Mini Hamburger Buns
- 1 large tomato-sliced
- lettuce leaves
- ½ small red onion-peeled and chopped
- Ground Turkey (or Chicken)- 1 lb
- 1 small onion
- Tandoori masala powder- 2 tbsp
- Crushed ginger-1 tsp
- Crushed garlic-1 tsp
- Chopped mint- ¼ cup
- Salt to tatse
- Oil to grill
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- ½ cup chopped mint
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red chili or paprika (optional)
- Mix the raita ingredients in a bowl.Keep aside or refrigerated.
- Make a paste of the onion in your food processor.Empty in a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for the patties.
- Make round balls in your palm and flatten them to make round patties.
- Heat the grill or griddle pan brushed with oil.
- Place the patties and cook on both side until golden.
- Take one half of the bun and spread some raita topped with one patty followed by lettuce,onion and tomato.Cover with the other half.Repeat with the rest.