Serve these Italian tramezzini sandwiches as a sweet snack for a good serving of fruit.
Children are often reluctant to eat fruit. Adding delicious ingredients to seasonal fruit (and vegetables) in their daily meals can help, and this recipe is one way. Tramezzini is the Italian term a soft, crustless sandwich that may remind you of English tea sandwiches and are commonly served as a snack.
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 2 peaches, kiwi or other or other seasonal fruit (not too ripe)
- 50 g (2 oz) blanched almonds
- 4 slices white crustless tramezzini
- Wash and cut the fruit. In a mixer, blend the fruit and almonds until creamy. Cut slices of tramezzini bread in half or create the desired shapes with a cookie cutter and spread the fruit cream.
- Close the tramezzini and serve.