This simple layered dessert uses up the last of the pretzels, baking chips, and dried fruits that are sitting in your cupboards. With a hint of salt to break up the sweet, these bars are just right for any occasion.
By Lizzy Swartz
I just took a job at a cute little bakery and the Sweet and Salty bar is one of our most popular items. I modified the recipe a bit to be small batch friendly and so that you guys could make these easily.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup broken up pretzel sticks
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (I did a couple tart pans instead of a 9x13, either works great!)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter with a spoon. Press it evenly into bottom of the greased pan. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, pretzels, and cherries and pour sweetened condensed milk over everything as evenly as possible.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let them cool before trying to cut them. That's it!