This soup is the perfect, delicate celebration of the changing seasons for the first week of fall.
By Robin Runner
- 1 tablespoon of organic butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 lbs of sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 6 pears, washed, cored, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups of vegetable broth (if you wish, you can use chicken broth but I wanted this vegetarian)
- 2 cups of white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
- 8 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, add your butter and olive oil.
- Get that nice and hot and then add your onion, potatoes and pears.
- Sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes start to soften a bit.
- Then add your broth. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes over low heat. Remove the lid, give a good stir and add the wine.
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. No need to add cream to thicken this soup.
- Add the sage leaves and cover. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Serve with a nice crusty baguette and a glass of wine. Enjoy!