A smoothie that’ll get you excited for the morning. Start the day by satisfying your sweet tooth with a deceivingly healthy treat.
A healthy peach smoothie with oats and spices, making it taste like a peach crisp without the guilt!
Peaches are ripe and on sale so that means, canning peaches, peach jam and then freezing the rest for smoothies around here. I recently got a thirty pound box of peaches.
I love dessert, so eating something for breakfast that tastes like peach crisp is right up my alley. Plus it’s healthy so you can feel good about starting your day with this tasty treat.
So grab a bag of frozen peaches or better yet, some fresh ones and freeze a bunch so the next time you are craving peach crisp or cobbler you can whip up this smoothie in no time. Your skinny jeans will thank me. Enjoy!
- ¾ -1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- about 2 cups frozen peaches, cubed with skin removed
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds, optional
- Place all ingredients in the order listed a high powered blender, blend and enjoy!
- Adjust the almond milk (or liquid of choice) according to desired thickness.