The crunch and buttery flavor of the sprouts marries well with the spicy tender chicken that was marinated in yogurt for thirty minutes prior to cooking it.
By Sanjida Khasru
I would’ve been any mother’s dream growing up because of my affinity for greens which has transcended into adulthood, slightly refined. I’ve swapped my once favorite steamed broccoli for sautéed brussel sprouts that have a nice sweet crunch. Accompanying these lovely greens is a lightly sautéed chicken breast with a sprinkling of sweet paprika on top. The crunch and buttery flavor of the sprouts marries well with the spicy tender chicken that was marinated in yogurt for thirty minutes prior to cooking it.
- 1 chicken breast
- Plain Greek yogurt (enough to cover the whole chicken breast)
- Sea salt
- Sweet paprika
- Brussels sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the plain Greek yogurt with sea salt and sweet paprika to taste. Coat the entire chicken with this mixture and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half and separate the leaves. Heat up a pan with olive oil and sauté the brussels sprouts leaves until they are tender (approximately 5 minutes). Set aside.
- In the same pan used to fry the brussel sprouts, pan-fry the chicken breast until cooked through. Let it rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Put the brussels sprouts on a serving plate and lay the chicken on top. Sprinkle paprika on top.