With a beautiful balance of creaminess and tartness, this lemon pudding is easy to bake and very comforting.
By Kankana Saxena
Sweet Lemon Pudding
With a beautiful balance of creaminess and tartness, this lemon pudding from is easy to bake and very comforting.
Author: Kankana Saxena, adapted from Foodess
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, kept at room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated (egg yolk in one bowl and egg white in another bowl)
- 1 cup milk
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, whisk sugar with butter until it’s creamy.
- Add egg yolk to the bowl and beat until it’s smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into the egg yolk bowl and whisk.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and milk. Whisk again.
- Pre heat the oven to 325F and boil a pan of water.
- While that’s happening, whisk egg white until it foams a soft peak.
- Pour beaten egg white to the egg yolk bowl. Using a spatula, very carefully fold the beaten egg whites until it’s all mixed together.
- Pour the mixture in separate ramekin bowls and place bowls on a baking pan. Pour hot water on the baking pan carefully until it comes half way up the ramekin bowls.
- Place baking pan in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until it’s set on top.
- Dust some powdered sugar and serve warm or cold.