When it comes to Samosas, it’s all about the stuffing. Taking the ever so popular Indian snack to a whole new high with a mix of sweet potatoes and beetroots spiced up to a nicety.
By Priya Mahadevan
|Sweet & Beet Samosa||
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 2 tbsp Sooji or cream of wheat (slightly coarse)
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For the Stuffing
- 4 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sized beets
- 2-3 spicy green chilies
- 1/3 cup grated paneer (optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Steam the sweets and beets.
- Strain or dab off any excess water
- Mash the sweets
- Grate the beets
- chop the chilies finely add the salt
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and the veggies and cook for a couple of minutes
- For the Dough
- Mix the dry ingredients and add the oil and mix – Add water slowly making sure you only use as much as you need to make a non-pasty, firm but soft & fine dough. Pinch into 5-6 Roll out the pinched balls into 5-6 inch wide tortillas/chappatis
- Cut right through the centre dividing them into 2 half moons
- Wet the corners with a touch of water and fold to create a cone.
- Press ends together to make sure they stick well.
- Now spoon in the stuffing, pushing it into the cone tightly.
- Fold the dough over the stuffing and close the ends by pinching them together.
Makes about 12-14 samosas