This drink is full of vitamin c, as mango is really high in vit c – when served chilled with loads of ice… its just perfect on a hot afternoon.
By Pallavi Gupta
- 1 large raw mango
- 1 cup of sugar
- 7½ cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- few sprigs of fresh mint
- plain soda to top the drink
- Cut mango into small bite size pieces.
- In a deep saucepan add mango, sugar and 1 ½ cups water and cook on medium low till the mango is cooked through for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and bring to a room temperature. Puree in a blender.
- Add the pulp back to the saucepan and now cook it with the rest of water for 10 to 12 minutes on medium low.
- Add salt and stir well. Let cool.
- Strain into a jug and refrigerate till the lemonade is chilled.
- Lightly muddle some fresh mint leaves in a tall glass and pour the lemonade.
- Top with some plain soda and garnish with fresh mint sprigs before serving.