Perfect for a summer picnic, this cool pea tartine is ready and waiting to be paired with a refreshing Pinot Grigio and devoured all season long.
Refreshing and delicious, Callie Collection’s Summer Pea Tartine recipe is an easy-to-create, satisfying dish that will keep your taste buds happy and cool wherever your summer adventures take you. The Callie Collection Pinot Grigio is the perfect pour to accompany the dish, with ripe melon, mineral and citrus flavors – a refreshing way to enjoy the warm weather. Whether you are on a picnic, sitting on your porch or have a crew of friends over for a barbecue, this wine is a great pour.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf sourdough, sliced into 8 ½” thick slices
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 8 ounces feta
- Zest and juice of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon zest and 1 tablespoon juice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh peas, cooked
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, small leaves only (or torn large leaves)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon flaky salt (such as maldon salt)
- Optional: 4 pieces bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each bread slice lightly with olive oil. Grill the bread on a grill pan or on an actual grill. If using a grill, watch your bread carefully as it can burn quickly. Remove bread or set aside.
- Add ricotta, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to the bowl of or a food processor. Process until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- Using a spoon, spread 1-2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto each bread slice. Top with 1 tablespoon peas, 4-5 radish slices, 5-6 pieces of mint, a sprinkling of lemon zest and a dash of maldon salt. Serve immediately and pair with a glass of Callie Collection Pinot Grigio.