Popsicles are probably one of the easiest summer treats to make. Dipped in dark chocolate and covered in pistachios, these dairy-free popsicles are satisfying and delicious.
By Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
Popsicles are probably one of the easiest treats to make. They can be creamy or “icy”. They can be fruity or chocolaty. Either way, you don’t have to worry too much about having to churn it, or scrape it or use an ice cream maker. Just mix, pour and freeze! A refreshing, satisfying and healthy cold treat! We dipped our popsicles in dark chocolate and covered them with chopped pistachios to give them some crunch and make them extra decadent. Hope you enjoy them!!
- 2-8oz containers of GOVeggie! Dairy Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped, shelled pistachios
- Combine cream cheese, frozen strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Pour mixture into a popsicle mold and freeze until set (3-4 hours)
- Once the popsicles are ready, melt the chocolate chips (you can do it in the microwave, at 20 second intervals, stirring often). Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a tray with wax or parchment paper. Dip each popsicle in chocolate half way, and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top. Carefully place then on the lined tray. Freeze until ready to serve