If you can’t find yellow rock candy just use caster sugar and defrosted frozen prawns will work in place of fresh ones.
By Tania Cusack
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 6 sliced green onions
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into large pieces
- 150 gm (5.3 oz)
- 1 kg medium green prawns shelled
- 1 lime quartered
- ¼ cup shao xing Chinese cooking wine
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon light soy
- 1 teaspoon powdered yellow rock sugar
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside
- Heat a large wok (or fry pan) and when hot add the oils garlic, ginger & green onions and toss for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas and toss till coated and warmed through.
- Add the prawns stir frying till starting to colour
- Add the sauce and cook till the prawns are pink. Scoop the ingredients out leaving the sauce behind. Reduce this a little before pouring over the dish and serving