Sticky Garlic Honey Baked Chicken is what you need for dinner tonight. Look at that glaze!
It speaks to my soul.
My favorite meals are always ones that combine sweet and salty flavors into one dish. I tend to favor Asian cuisines (specifically Japanese) for that exact reason. The duo of soy sauce + brown sugar or honey is what my dreams are made of and always make for the most delicious recipes!
This chicken bake takes your normal chicken dinner to the next level and, in all seriousness, is a party for your tastebuds. Your taste buds will hold a RAGER in your mouth. Confetti falling from the roof (of your mouth), a taste bud DJ, taste buds dancing on tables, the works. This recipe is easy and fast enough for a weekday and is perfect when served with a side of brown rice and broccoli.
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ? cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 8-10 chicken thighs or breast
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Whisk all the ingredients together thoroughly and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Divide the sauce in half. Place the chicken in a large baking dish and brush with half of the sauce (separate the sauce to ensure that raw chicken isn't in the serving sauce). Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the cooked chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.