Celebrate spring with these easy steak tacos topped with fresh ingredeints and an avocado crema.
For spring and summer cooking or grilling, we’re on the search for the perfect steak. And we found it. (And it’s only April!) Check out the video below for how to make refreshing spring steak tacos with Snake River Farms‘ wagyu steaks.
If you’re nervous about messing up a beautiful steak on the stove or the grill, check out the tips in the recipe below for a fool-proof stove and oven combination method or be sure to check out the cooking guides over at Snake River Farms.
- 1 American Wagyu Sirloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt (optional)
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Sprinkle salt, cumin, and chili powder on both sides of the steak.
- Head a skillet (or grill) to medium-high heat and add the oil. Allow the oil to get hot.
- Cook the steak for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on size or desired doneness. (see notes for alternate oven cooking method)
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Use a fork to help smash the avocado.
- Cut the steak against the grain and place in warmed tortillas.
- Top with peas, radishes, red onion, fresh lime juice and avocado crema
1. Head a skilled over medium-high heat. Sear steaks for 4 minutes, turning once. If the steak sticks, it is not ready to be flipped.
2. Place skillet in 350F oven for 10-20 minutes depending on desired doneness. Turn once, halfway through. Temp with thermometer if desired.
3. Remove from oven and tent with foil to let rest for 5-10 minutes