Hervé Palmieri continues his quest to provide us all with fantastic French cooking. Here, one of his personal picnic favorites.
By Hervé Palmieri
A cake full of southern flavors from Provence in South-East France and Italy…. Olives, sun-dry tomatoes, capers, mozzarella… this colorful cake is one of my picnic favorites!
Here is the recipe of this easy-to-make cake to celebrate Spring!
- 1 cup flour (200g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil or sunflower oil (10 cl)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (20 cl)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cut into small pieces (200g)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 green or black olives
- capers to taste
- sundry tomatoes to taste
- coppa or Italian ham
- thyme, oregano… or other herbs
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°F or 180°C
2. Beat together flour, baking powder, salt, and eggs
3. Add gradually oil and cream to get a smooth texture
4. Incorporate all other ingredients cut into small pieces with a spoon
5. Grease a cake pan and bake for 45 minutes