The fat content is hopefully negated by the goodness of the greens. It yields about 6 servings. A winner soup for those who love spinach.
By Priya Mahadevan
- 1Family Sized Box of Organic Baby Spinach
- 1Small fist ful (about 2 tbsp) pine Nuts
- 1-2 Dry red chilies (cayenne) (not for the faint hearted)
- 1 tsp of whole black peppers (this is a must ;)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1cup of milk (if required)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a wide mouthed pan, heat the olive oil and temper the chilies, peppers and brown the garlic
- Add the spinach and swiftly toss it around
- Once the leaves have softened a bit, add the cream and the pine nuts and allow them to boil together - this should take 3-5 minutes
- Add some milk if you want more volume
- Salt to liking
- Cool it before you grind.
- Refrigerate if you like cold soups.
- Pour back in the pan and allow it to heat up again, if you like it hot - like we do chez moi.
- This can be served with warm bread or crackers