Not only were these light and fresh bites addictive, they were also easily transportable from cooler to our cobalt blue table.
By Kara and Marni Powers
While many enjoy indulging in lobster or cracking crab legs, we love the slightly sweet, tender shrimp and find any reason to incorporate it into a dish.
- 2 lbs raw medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 T EVOO
- 2½ T fresh lemon juice
- ½ c chopped fresh basil
- ½ t ground cumin
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- ¼ c red onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper throughout
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with EVOO, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. With tongs, place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the shrimp are pink with grill marks. Remove from heat onto a platter.
- In a bowl, add the avocado and EVOO and mash together with a fork until smooth. Add the lemon juice, ground cumin, and stir. Add the mango, onion, basil and season generously with salt and pepper. Serve alongside the shrimp and enjoy!