This vegetarian meal in one deep dish straight out of the oven. An easy weeknight dinner!
Recipe by Fina Cardwell
This spicy cauliflower and broccoli gratin is great on its own, or it can be a comforting side dish. Enjoy!
Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Spicy Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin” on Relish.
- ¼cup (1/2 stick) butter
- ¼cup all-purpose flour
- 2cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon pepper
- ¼teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½cups shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 2 (12-oz) bags frozen broccoli and cauliflower blend
- ½cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add 1¼ cups cheese, a little at a time, stirring after each addition until melted. Remove from heat.
- Arrange broccoli and cauliflower blend in an 8-inch square casserole dish. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with an additional ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Sprinkle with green onions.