Enjoy Reena Pastakia’s awesome spiced mushroom tart that costs nothing to make.
By Reena Pastakia
Spiced Mushroom Tart
Enjoy Reena Pastakia's awesome spiced mushroom tart that costs nothing to make.
Author: Reena Pastakia
Recipe Type: Side
- 1 small onion
- 5 grams root ginger
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 30 grams natural yogurt
- 140 grams mushrooms
- 2 small spring onions
- Pinch chilli powder
- 0.75 teaspoon coriander cumin powder
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch garam masala
- 15 grams tomato puree
- 10 grams coriander
- 45 grams salted butter
- 175 grams plain flour
- 45 grams lard
- Pre-heat oven to 200?c.
- Grease four 9cm tartlet cases.
- Put coriander cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala, tomato puree, salt, chilli powder, sunflower oil and natural yogurt into a mixing bowl.
- Wipe the mushrooms and quarter them.
- Add the mushrooms to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Chop the coriander, root ginger, onions and spring onion.
- Add to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Add the butter and lard in pieces and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in centre of the mixture and add approx 7 tsp cold water to form a firm dough.
- Divide into four and line four tartlet cases.
- Fill the tartlets with the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until both the pastry and mushrooms are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.