Have your fill of fresh summer strawberries with this Prosecco and vanilla sparkling cocktail. Perfect for a day at the beach.
Happy Summer everyone! I dreamed up this refreshing summer cocktail while lying in the sun gazing into the lovely Long Island Sound last week. I can’t get enough fresh strawberries this time of year since they’re at their peak here. This really simple strawberry syrup can be used for anything from pancakes to iced cream and cocktails galore. Enjoy while lying in the sun with an awesome book! Cheers!
- 2 cups organic strawberries, sliced
- 1½ cups water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ¾ cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bottle Prosecco, chilled
- For the syrup: place first four ingredients(including vanilla bean pod and seeds)in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low medium and simmer for about 15 minutes until berries are mushy and losing their color.
- Drain syrup in a fine mesh strainer pressing solids to release as much juice as possible. Discard solids.
- Place syrup back in saucepan and simmer for an additional 10 minutes on medium heat until syrup thickens and sticks to the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to cool.
- For the cocktail: in a pitcher or decorative bottle, pour cooled syrup, lemon juice and Prosecco and stir well. Serve chilled with sliced strawberry garnish.