The creamy-textured and slightly tangy, smoky-flavored dip is the perfect accoutrement for seeded, nutty crackers.
By Faith Gorsky
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, at room temperature (low-fat is fine)
- ¼ cup (60 g) sour cream (low-fat is fine)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 oz (60 g) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir in the onion, dill, and black pepper, and then the salmon.
- Taste and season with salt as desired.
- Serve chilled with a little more fresh dill on top, along with crackers, sliced baguette, bagels, etc.