These Smoked Salmon Bites with Horseradish Dill Sauce are super fast and easy to make and are a mouth-watering bite-sized appetizer that is perfect for party snacking.
It’s almost the weekend. I say wild parties, loud music and inappropriate behavior is in order.
My big plan is to watch the Big Game and cozy up with these NW inspired Smoked Salmon Bites and put my game face on.
Whether entertaining a crowd, or prepping some small bites for two (or moi!), I love a super fast, easy recipe that can be thrown together in less than 5 minutes, but still brings on big, bold, savory tang that makes your jaw hit the floor with it’s incredible flavor. ? These are it!
These bite-sized appetizers can be layered on top of any kind of cracker. For this recipe, I chose a sweet & spicy Chipotle flavored Wheat Thin, which is what I had on hand – but they’d be equally delicious on any other cracker.
The flavor, of course, comes not from the cracker (which is only the vessel to getting it into your mouth), but from the rich flavor of the smoked salmon, and the savory horseradish dill sauce, which is simply fantastic in this simple recipe.
- ¼ cup Mexican Style sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- smoked salmon
- crackers, any type
- 2 roasted red peppers finely diced
- ½ bunch chives, diced
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Dice roasted red pepper and chives and set aside until ready to garnish.
- Layer cracker, horseradish dill sauce and top with smoked salmon, roasted red pepper and finish with the green onion to garnish.