These slow cooker beef sandwiches are the perfect plan-ahead meal when you know you’re going to have a busy day.
Sometimes there are recipes that I make for my family so often, I am shocked when I realize I’ve never shared them here on Dine & Dish. These Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches are one such recipe. You guys, we eat this open faced sandwiches all the time. Truly, we have them at least once a month, and in the 11 years I’ve been blogging I’ve never shared the recipe with you. I’m not sure why that is, but today is the day you’ll find out all about our favorite slow cooker roast beef sandwiches!
We are big lovers of making chuck roast in the slow cooker. Chuck roast is always something we have on hand in the freezer, mostly because our kids love it, it’s easy to cook, and the price is always right. I used to only do chuck roast in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots, but then I started getting more creative. These slow cooker roast beef sandwiches are the result of wanting something new and fresh to do with a chuck roast. As soon as I made them the very first time years and years ago, my kids started requesting them more and more. These open faced sandwiches have quickly become a favorite staple at meal time.
If you have a family of chuck roast lovers but are bored with the way you’ve been serving it, definitely give these slow cooker roast beef sandwiches a try. They very well may become a favorite dinner in your house as well! Enjoy!
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? You can find them by clicking here.
- 1 3-4 pound boneless Certified Angus Beef chuck roast
- 1 10.5 oz can French Onion Soup
- 10.5 oz water (1 soup can)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 French Loaf, sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup jarred sliced jalapenos
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place beef chuck roast into your crockpot. Add French Onion Soup, water, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and Kosher salt. Cook on medium-high for 8 hours, or until roast is cooked completely through.
- Carefully remove roast from the crockpot and place in a large casserole dish. Remove 1 cup of au juice from the crock pot and add to the casserole dish. Taking 2 forks, begin shredding the chuck roast. Continue until chuck roast is in small, bite sized pieces.
- Turn your oven on to "broil".
- Butter each bread slice and place on a large cookie sheet. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until bread starts to look toasted. Watch carefully as to not burn the bread.
- Remove toasted bread from oven and top evenly with shredded roast beef, jalapeños, and mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and broil until cheese is melted, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and serve while warm. If desired, drizzle au juice over the sandwiches before serving.