An easy recipe to create succulent steak perfect for salads, in between grilled bread, or sauced in tacos.
By Sherron Watson
Easy dinners are in full swing at our home. I am utilizing our slow cooker as often as I can. I like having the steak ready and feeling like I put very little effort into an amazing meal.
The steak can be shredded or pulled apart and used in tacos, on top of salads (like the picture above), eaten with a side dish or shoved between two pieces of your favorite bread and grilled.
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder or 3 cloves minced
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup of water
- Combine skirt steak and seasonings in a large storage bag and marinate over night.
- Cut onions thin. I used my spiralizer to thinly slice the onions. Place onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Lay steak on top of onions. Add cup of water. Cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove steak, shred or pull apart and serve. I served the onions and the steak on a platter and let my family decide if they wanted a salad or to use it in some gluten free tortillas I had on hand. If served with the tortillas then make sure and have some yummy toppings too.