A simple one pan dish with bold flavor from garlic, oregano and plenty of cheese.
A simple dish can taste so good. Especially a one pot dinner. Easy dinner. Easy clean up. Just how I like it.
This dish takes only 15 minutes to make start to finish and is incredibly easy. Simply sauté chicken and garlic, stir in crushed tomato and simmer. Sprinkle with basil, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Place under the broiler until your cheese in melted. Done. How easy is that??
I am a sucker for Italian food. The slow roasted tomatoes, the creamy mozzarella and the fresh basil. Can’t every dish be covered in that?
This dish is loaded with all of the Italian flavors I love. For the recipe I used skinless boneless chicken breast. One of the most important things about this dish is starting with a thin chicken breast. Starting with a thin slice of chicken shortens the cooking time and provides a tender chicken breast.
You don’t have to make your own tomato sauce for this recipe. The sauce simmers with the chicken creating a thick flavorful tomato sauce. The crushed tomatoes turn into a thick creamy sauce/paste that is sweet and full of flavor. I added some crushed red peppers for a little heat.
Serve with Garlic and Oil Pasta.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breast (Equal to 1 Pound)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 slices mini mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to an oven safe skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken until fully cooked flipping halfway. Takes about 8 minutes.
- Add in sliced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer. This takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately!