Pakwan is a deep fried, crisp bread flavored with carom seeds, cumin and crushed black pepper that is served for breakfast.
By Dassana Amit
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour/maida
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup water or as required
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl or on a wide plate/parat.
- knead to a semi soft dough.
- make small balls of the dough.
- roll them into 7-8 cms discs or circles.
- prick with a fork.
- fry in hot oil till the pakwans are crisp and golden.
- drain the pakwans on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- serve pakwan warm with sindhi dal or you can also have them plain with tea.