Made with apple slices, brown sugar, soy sauce, and cider, this chicken becomes tender, so flavorful, and the perfect fall dinner.
By Jocelyn Delk Adams
After this recipe, I am now convinced that apple cider and chicken belong together like peanut butter and jelly. They are a wonderful pair, those two. The acid in the cider makes the chicken so flavorful and moist in the most sensational way.
I remember my mother making baked chicken at least once a week growing up, and she makes it very simply with salt and pepper, some onions and a few other ingredients but it tastes like the best thing you have ever had in your life. Simple cooking really is the best.
I tried to honor my mom’s cooking approach with this recipe. So I simply adding some apple slices and a hint of additional sweetness from the brown sugar and soy sauce to create a sensational dinner recipe that will make autumn that much better. So get this Apple Cider Glazed Chicken in the oven asap and let me know how it turns out for you!
- 2 large chicken breasts with skin on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 medium sized apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add to a medium sized pan.
- Spray the inside of the pan with non-stick spray and bake for 25 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, add apple cider, apple slices, brown sugar and soy sauce to a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Stir together and allow to come to a boil. Once mixture has reduced by ½ remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over chicken and turn to broil. Once mixture sticks to chicken and is done all the way through, remove and serve. This is great with a wild rice to soak up that delicious flavor.