Chili is the quintessential one-dish dinner for the cool weather months, switch up the flavor profile with shredded chicken and cannellini beans.
By Roberta Pipito
- 1 small rotisserie chicken or about 2 cups of pre cooked chicken (vegan meat or tofu)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5-6 cups chicken broth or Vegetable broth
- Sour cream and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Shred rotisserie chicken in a medium bowl and place to the side.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil, onions chilies and garlic cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and stir.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and begin to add seasonings; cook 2 minutes longer. Now add chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 1½ hours. Stir before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream and parsley if desired. Even add some hot sauce or cheese if you would like.