This quick and easy rendition of an American Classic is sure to become a staple for last minute guests or party invites.
By Jerri Green
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 medium apples, breaburn or honeycrisp are my favorite
- 1 heaping table spoon of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- local honey, for drizzling
- flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and prep with non-stick spray.
- Slice the apples thinly.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with cinnamon and sugar til well coated. Set aside.
- Roll of the puff pastry very thin into a rectangle shape. Use flour as needed to keep from sticking to working surface and rolling pin.
- Place dough on baking sheet. Top with apples in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Remove and drizzle with honey.