Soak the peas over night and the next day it’ll be quick and easy to whip up the protein-packed snack.
By Swathi Iyer
- ¾ Cup Yellow eyed peas
- 1 carrot chopped (approximately ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal/ Split black gr
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 11/2 tablespoon of grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 Red chili
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Soak the yellow eyed pea overnight and next day pressures cook them with 2 cup of water. Until 4 -5 whistle or 25 minutes. Drain the excess water using a colander and set aside
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, halved red chilies. When mustard seeds start popping add onion and carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Then add cooked yellow eyed peas, grated coconut and cumin, chili powder and salt. Mix everything and serve warm.