Only a few days away, here is the perfect cocktail, complete with delicious edible toppings, to sip during your Oscars soirée.
Oscar season is a pretty big deal out here in Los Angeles. Whether you’re in the biz or just overly enthused about the red carpet – most people have been plotting their viewing parties for weeks.
When it comes to entertaining this year, be black tie fabulous. Nothing screams glitz and glamor quite like a perfectly made martini served in a chic nick and nora style coupe.
Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka asked me to put on the ritz and create an Oscar-worthy cocktail…we knew it had to be something unexpected. Especially because this particular spirit is unlike any vodka we’ve tried…as in it actually has flavor! It’s a nicely rounded earthy finish who’s sweet vanilla notes would partner perfectly with something salty & acidic –like our favorite happy hour bite: Banderillas.
Since Banderillas are a bite with tons of personality (hello tuna stuffed olives wrapped with white anchovies!!!) I wanted the cocktail to be dry and smooth, with a little bit of snap. Pairing the Bison Grass Vodka with an extra dry Sherry and vermouth + a splash of peach bitters really brings a complexity to your standard ‘tini without being too overpowered by all the bold Banderillas flavors.
Appetizer garnish + sexy cocktail?! Yes please, it’s like two handsome leading men who both take home the gold statue. In a word – winning.
Partner Post: Want to expirament with Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka? You can find some inspiration by visiting the @zu_usa Instagram page.
- 1½ oz. Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka
- 1 oz. Dolin Dry vermouth
- ½ oz. dry amontillado sherry
- 3 dashes peach bitters
- Garnished with Banderillas
- tuna stuffed olives
- piquante peppers
- Boquerones (White Spanish anchovies)
- Wrap olives with Boquerones and arrange ingredients on a cocktail pick.
- *Additional Ingredient Suggestions: Cocktail onions, pickled carrots, Jamon
- In a cocktail mixer, combine the vodka, vermouth, sherry, and bitters with ice and shake well. Strain into a coupe and garnish with a skewer of savory tapas.