This is a simple and vegetarian side dish that is packed with flavor to offset the bitterness of the brussels sprouts.
By Robin Runner
- 2 lbs of brussels sprouts, shredded or cut finely
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon
- 2 tablespoons of a great quality balsamic vinegar
- Into your saucepan add a drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Turn up the heat.
- Once hot, add your brussels sprouts and start cooking. Brown them up nicely. Then season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring.
- Then add your Dijon (I prefer Maille) and balsamic.
- Give a good stir to coat and serve. Easy peasy!