SPONSORED POST: From Dijon Originale mustard to Cornichons, Maille has a rich heritage starting in 1747 that honors tradition. Check out these easy recipes that pack great flavor, thanks to Maille.
Treat your party guests to something elegant and special but easy to make, like this salmon tartare.
The holidays are just around the corner, and we are super excited to partner with Maille to create a festive holiday appetizer that’s delicious, easy, and sure to impress!
I love throwing big dinner parties and making it fancy! After all, who doesn’t love to be treated to something truly special? But fancy doesn’t have to mean difficult. For a real special occasion appetizer, my mind went to salmon tartare with caviar. I love the savory, ocean briny flavor of fresh and smoked salmon, paired with the tart, mildly pungent flavor of whole grain mustard. Caviar really takes it over the top for a festive meal, but the salmon tartare is just as delicious without it.
- ½ loaf nut & seed bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- ¼ pound smoked salmon
- ½ pound skinless fresh salmon fillet (sushi quality)
- 2 tbsp black caviar (optional)
- 2 tbsp Maille Old Style mustard
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the salmon and smoked salmon into small dice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine salmon, red onion, mustard, olive oil, and dill. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice to taste.
- To serve, spoon salmon tartare into a ring mold on a plate, and press down lightly. Spoon caviar over salmon tartare, and serve with bread.