Try this decadent rosewater and pear cheesecake from Gabriella Iancu.
By Gabriela Iancu
Cheesecake is a simple, yet very elegant dessert. I always preferred this dessert not baked, opting for a creamy mousse consistency of the cheese. In this version I played with texture and flavor using four type of flours for the cake bottom, making it thus more assertive and irresistible. I layered the healthy multigrain cake bottom with pear cream cheese infused with rosewater. An ultimate light dessert ready to seduce anyone.
- 3/3 cup (100ml) pouring cream
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (90g) whole flour
- 1⅕ cup (90g) oat flour
- ¾ cup (60g) almond flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) white flour
- ½ cup (100g) muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup (120g) granulated sugar
- 1.14 oz (50ml) citrus juice (1 lemon and ½ grapefruit)
- 4 leaves gelatine, softened in cold water
- 1 cup (200ml) pouring cream
- 1 cup (200ml) ricotta
- 4 tablespoons rosewater
- 2 ripe pears, puree
- In a large bowl, mix pouring cream, butter, egg and vanilla extract. In another blow sift remaining ingredients and gently stir them over the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Let the mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C). Spray with vegetable oil a spring-form pan (22cm) and pour the batter in it. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove the pan from oven and let it cool completely before removing the cake form the pan.
- Whisk egg yolks in an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Combine sugar and citrus juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and stir to dissolve, then bring to the boil and cook until syrup reaches 248°F (120°C) on a sugar thermometer. With motor running on high speed, add sugar syrup to egg yolks in a thin stream. Return saucepan to heat, squeeze excess water from gelatine and add to pan, stir until just melted then add to egg yolks and whisk until cold.