Serve this earthy, nutty dip with corn chips, pita chips or vegetable crudités for an appetizer or anytime snack.
By Lauren Tangey
- 1 can of butter beans, double rinsed and drained
- ½ a head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- chilli flakes, or chilli powder (optional)
- sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200*C
- Cut the top of your head of garlic, pour on some oil, season with salt and pepper, and pop into the oven until the garlic is all soft and mushy inside their little casings.
- Once roasted, and they are cool enough for you to handle them, squeeze out all of the sweet, sweet garlicky goodness into the bowl of a food processor, along with the beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a good couple of lugs of olive oil.
- Whizz it up until it resembles a creamy smooth dip.. The amount of olive oil you add determines the consistency of the dip.
- Serve in a bowl immediately, chilled or warm, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with chilli.