Smoky roasted sweet potatoes, creamy and salty feta cheese, and tart and subtly sweet dried cranberries stacked on looped bamboo skewers.
By Kara and Marni Powers
A while ago, we served glasses of sangria and seasonal hors d’oeuvres at one of our favorite boutiques, Flock.
One of the appetizers we served was both a layering of colors and flavors. Smoky roasted sweet potatoes, creamy and salty feta cheese, and tart and subtly sweet dried cranberries stacked on looped bamboo skewers. The shoppers grabbed the bites while sipping their sangria through red and green striped straws.
- 1 T EVOO
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 t garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 c dried cranberries
- Bamboo skewers (4-inch)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the EVOO, garlic powder, salt and pepper and arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until slightly browned and soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On each skewer, layer the cranberry, then feta, then sweet potato. Makes 48-50 skewers.