These tender and vibrant little sweet treats demand no adulteration. Less does the trick with them.
By Prerna Singh
I just tossed these root veggies in olive oil, threw them in the oven for a few minutes, sprinkled a dash of chaat masala and served with our evening chai. They went faster than you can imagine!
- 2 bunches of purple, yellow and orange heirloom carrots
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- Wash the root vegetables thoroughly under water. Wipe off any dirt. Chop of the green, leafy part and save then for other recipes. I chop them and mix with flour to make parathas, poori, roti or can use then in veggie burgers or rice pilaf.
- Cut the onions from the middle into two. Toss the vegetables with olive oil and bake them at 400 deg. for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, pull the vegetables out, sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve with a cooler or chai.