This healthy snack of roasted fresh tender green beans was recently on the dinner table along with a large vegetable Pizza.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 250 gms fresh tender green beans
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil/sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt as desired
- Water to boil beans
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Cut the tail ends of the fresh beans and snap them into two.
- Add the beans in boiling water, cover with a tight lid and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the beans and put them in cold water.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large shallow pan, add beans and stir fry for just 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, sprinkle sesame seeds (Til), salt, black pepper powder (Kali mirch) and toss the beans to coat well with all the ingredients.
- Roasting; Pre heat oven to 230°C, line a baking tray with parchment paper or just coat the tray with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together.Arrange the beans evenly on the grease baking tray ad roast for 15-20 minutes. Transfer the roasted beans in a serving bowl, drizzle the lemon juice and serve.