The tanginess of chimichurri is great for cutting through fatty meats but in this vegetarian dish the Argentinean sauce adds spice to sweet roasted carrots.
By Rachel Crawford
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ⅓-1/2 cup olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Peel and chop carrots. Toss with olive oil and roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned at the edges.
- Finely chop parsley and cilantro leaves.
- Mince garlic and capers.
- Stir herbs, garlic and capers together. Add red wine vinegar and olive oild.
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Let sit for flavors to meld.
- Top roasted carrots with chimichurri.