The colors of this dish are perfect for a festive holiday table, and it can easily be made ahead of time — ideal when the oven is already in use.
By Shelley Ludman
The colors of this dish are perfect for a festive holiday table, and it can easily be made ahead of time — ideal when the oven is already in use. If you can, pick the prettiest, most colourful veggies you can find and get roasting.
This is a perfect side dish to accompany any autumn dinner, Thanksgiving included. Alternatively, toss in 1 cup of cooked quinoa or a can of white beans and a squeeze of lemon juice for a hearty lunch time meal.
- 1 cauliflower (I used ½ yellow, ½ purple), stems removed and cut into florets
- 20 brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 delicata squash, halved, seeds removed and sliced into ½" moons
- 1-2 T olive oil
- sprinkle cayenne, salt and pepper
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- horseradish + pomegranate relish//
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- ½ T orange juice
- ½ T prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cauliflower florets, brussels sprouts and squash in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and spread onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for roughly 30 minutes, until the edges are browned. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the relish. Mix the pom seeds, oj, horseradish, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
- To serve, toss the warm veggies, sliced radish and pomegranate relish. Serve immediately.