Give your usual butternut squash soup recipe a twist by adding roasted artichokes for amazingly cozy flavor.
I made the coziest cold-weather soup that’s not only super delicious, but also healthy!
Does it get any better than curling up under blankets, turning the lights down, and downing some steamy comfort food? Probably not.
It’s always fun for me to tweak recipes to be healthier, but still taste just as indulgent! And this Roasted Butternut Squash Artichoke Soup takes the cake —errrr soup— in that competition. It’s so creamy and flavorful that you won’t believe that there’s no heavy cream!
I wanted to put a small twist on a normal butternut squash soup recipe and thought that adding in some roasted artichoke would give it a great extra oomph! And it did!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 24 oz butternut squash
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the butternut squash and artichoke in 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot, add in 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add in 4 cups of water and roasted squash and artichoke and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the soup mixture in batches until smooth. Return to pot and stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, sage, and croutons