Refreshing Pomegranate Ice Tea with an Orangey Twist
Sonia Mangla brews up a refreshing batch of pomegranate ice tea for those warm and humid summer days.
By Sonia Mangla
What can beat Pomegranate, an an all time favorite of mine? I’ve been playing with the idea of making an ice cream or a sorbet, for some weird reason haven’t been able to find much of my favorite fruit in the markets. Even went to an extent of Buying a bottle of POM, hmm… inference = can’t beat the freshness. So here we are trying my hands on making a strange concoction which delivered well. Many people don’t get Ice Tea, never mind these blokes, I love ice tea. Nothing is better than a chilled can of Arnold palmer (Half Lemonade / half Ice Tea) on a warm & humid summer day.
This drink is packed with anti-oxidants which improve health & detox your system. A great way to enhance your well being. Cheers!
Refreshing Pomegranate Ice Tea with a Orangey Twist
Author: Sonia Mangla
Recipe Type: Drink
- 1 Pomegranate
- 4 Tea bags of Tazo Wild Sweet Orange Ice Tea (can use regular Lipton tea bags)
- 2 tsp Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4 tbs Sugar
- 4 Orange Slices for decorating our glasses
- Take pomegranate seeds & crush in a blender for ~ 1min
- Use strainer to separate pomegranate juice from seeds.
- In a pan take pomegranate juice, add sugar & keep heat on simmer for almost 10 mins.
- Mix will start to thicken, add lemon juice at this stage & stir for another 2 mins.
- Take off the heat & collect in a cup, allow to cool down.
- Take Hot water (4 Glasses) in a bowl & dip tea bags.
- Leave the bags in for 2-3 mins.
- Use a spoon & fork to squeeze bags.
- Dont leave bags in for more than 5 mins , it will make the tea bitter.
- At this stage, add pomegranate mix to the tea.
- Mix well & keep aside to cool for 30 mins
- Pour into 4 Glasses & add Ice to each glass ~ 2-3 cubes per glass
- Decorate with fine cut Orange & serve chilled.
Originally Published: July 8, 2011