A rich and creamy milkshake inspired by Red Velvet Oreo Cookies.
I thought this would be a fun post to create, since the Red Velvet Oreos hit the shelves last month. I think they taste pretty good and the cream cheese flavored filling is my favorite part. The results of the milkshake are a rich red velvet flavor with a mix of cream cheese and french vanilla.
The crumbled Oreo on top seals the deal for a lovely treat. This would be great to drink on a weekend, while watching your favorite movies or lounging around. What could be better than red velvet?
- 3 red velvet oreos
- ½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 cups french vanilla ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- whipped topping (optional)
- Place milk, french vanilla ice cream, and pure vanilla extract in blender. Set aside.
- Place 2 Oreo cookies into the blender.
- Start blender on low speed and progress to high speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour milkshake into cup. Covering with whipped topping is optional.
- Scrape filling out of remaining Oreo cookie. Crumble cookie over milkshake .